Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Same Today as 2000 Years Ago

One of my favorite prayers from scripture doesn't need to be modified because it is as relevant today as it was when written. I am constantly amazed by the relevancy of writing about 2000 years old to today's life.

I hope you enjoy this, especially if you are struggling with daily finances. It's so hard in our materialistic society to remember priorities.

I pray that God answers this prayer for everyone struggling with finances and/or falsehoods.

Proverbs 30:7-9...

Two things I ask of you, O Lord:
do not refuse me before I die:

Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, "Who is the Lord?"
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment