Monday, December 29, 2008

Rushing Through the Day

One of my sources for daily meditations focused on a more prayerful life for 2 days. At first I felt disappointed on the 2nd day when I realized they were sticking to the subject. I was ready to move on. But God wasn't ready for me to do just that cuz yet another source I use for daily meditations quoted a poem on the same subject just a few days later.

God can really hit you over the head when He wants you to pay attention to Him.

Of course, since the poem really touched me, I have to share it with everyone.

"Take time to be holy, speak oft with thy Lord;
Abide in Him always, and feed on His word...

Take time to be holy, the world rushes on;
Much time spend in secret with Jesus alone;"

by William D. Longstaff (1822-94)

May the time you spend alone with Jesus today be fruitful.

No comments:

Post a Comment