Sunday, December 28, 2008

Encouragement to Get Through the Depression

As I struggle with my own personal problems that drag me into depression, I turn to the Bible and other Christian writing for the words that remind me to have faith in God.

For those of you going through struggles and finding yourself crying through the scary world, here are some verses in which I find reassurance:

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

"For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies." Psalm 57:10

"He sends from heavens & saves me..." Psalm 57:3

"in God I trust: I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Psalm 56:11

"... Everything is possible for him who believes." Mark 9:23

"Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens & earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17

"I will praise you, O Lord. Although you were angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me. Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:1-2

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you." John 15:7

"Yet this I call to mind and therefor I have hope. Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail." Lamentations 3:21-22.

"You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures." James 4:2-3

"God has come to help his people." Luke 7:16

I hope one of these verses helps you. I hope even more that one of these verses encourages you to open a Bible and find more verses of encouragement. They are in there. Just ask the Lord to show them to you.

May God bless everyone who is depressed this holiday season.

If you need to find a verse to help you, please contact me. My goal is to share scripture.

1 comment:

  1. ..upfront, truth: My blog is very naughty. You probably won't want to read, or see, it. However, even those who write sexy, funny, things are prone to depression & very low times.

    I've suffered from depression for years. I've been through therapy (since the age of 17)...

    ...In my slump moments, I do turn to God & Jesus for strength and comfort. There is every indication (research backs this up) that prayer & some sort of religious connection (talking w/ a pastor, a friend [who's a church-goer] etc) is very helpful.

    Reading your post was a comfort, and the passages you've posted shed some light my way.

    So many could use this knowledge..even the "naughty."

    Thank you,

    ~x~SinfullyAnon

    ReplyDelete