Monday, February 9, 2009

Stop Picking It Up!

I have some wonderful imagery based on a devotional written by James MacDonald regarding trusting God. Scripture tells us to give our problems to God and trust Him with our problems. Our mistake is that once we leave our problems at His feet, we keep picking them up again!

So I have this image of packing all of my problems which I keep praying about in a box. I place the box at God's feet during morning prayer. Then midway through the day, I pick up the box again. It's like I think it's too much for God or that I can't let Him carry it for me. I just keep insisting on carrying it myself.

Not only is carrying the box physically harming me (heart palps, stress, ulcers, etc.), but it's spiritually harming me. I'm thinking about the box more than I'm praising God. Isn't this idolatry?

I know many of you are carrying your boxes also. Let's make a pact to leave them at God's feet and stop picking them up. I think God is stronger than us and is better equipt to carry them.

Remember Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment