Sunday, November 30, 2008

Why Am I a Blogger?

Dear Lord,

Please give me the strength and persistence to continue in what I have learned and have become convinced of, because I know You have brought me to the people who have taught me, and from infancy You made sure I knew the Holy Scriptures, which make me wise for salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

I know all scripture is breathed by God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that I may be thoroughly equipped for every good work you wish me to do on your behalf. I desire to be deemed righteous by you, O Lord, so I look to Your words as given to us by the saints.

Thank you, God, for the gifts you've given that have brought me here. I hope my efforts will help others discover your love for all of us. Amen.

This prayer is based on 2 Timothy 3:14-17:

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for slavation through faith in Christ Jesus. All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment