Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turning Away from a Life I'm Embarrassed About

Dear God,

I remember my mistakes and my aimless wandering which made my life useless and without meaning. Such memories make me wince with embarrassment and shame. As I remember them, my soul is downcast within me.

Yet, this I call to mind and therefore have hope. Because of Your great love I am not consumed by my past, for Your compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. And so each morning I start with a clean slate to rebuild my life in the image You have set through Jesus Christ and the new covenant.

You are good to those whose hope is in you and to the one who seeks You. So it is with all my heart that I hope in You and seek You. Please don't let me be distracted by earthly treasures. I pray to keep my eyes on You, O Lord, God Almighty.

I ask for the assistance of the Holy Spirit this day, and each day. Through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.

Based on Lamentations 3:19-23, 25...

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I will remember them, and my soul is down cast within me. Yet, this I call to mind and therefore I have hope. Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.
...
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment