Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Want to Be a Child

I love it when there's a scripture I've read or heard hundreds of times, but all the sudden in one reading it says something new to me. Today is was Matthew 10:15-16

"Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it." And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.

When the world becomes too stressful, or actually, I've stressed myself out depending on the world for fulfillment rather than God, I would love to have Jesus take me in His glorious, protective, strong arms, bless me and lay His hands on me. Just the thought of it sends a wave of peace through me.

Like a child, I keep making the same mistakes. I keep wanting life to be all about me and filling my wants. Like a child, I keep coming to God with my eyes cast to the ground because I screwed up again. And as the Loving Father, God brushes the dirt of my skinned knees, wipes away my tears, admonishes me for my foolishness. The difference is that He doesn't send me away on my own; He always walks beside me.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits. ... For as the heavens are high above the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him.
Psalm 103:2 & 11

No comments:

Post a Comment