Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Yes, I'm Unworthy. Now What?

Jesus left us with a gift: the Holy Spirit. And this gift helps us be the better person God wants us to be.

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." John 14:26

So daily I ask the Holy Spirit to be with me, guide me throughout the day. Because I know that if left to my own strength and knowledge, I will fall into the same sins, the same idol worship.

No one can fight off the idol worship without the Lord's help. Transformation, deliverance, comes only from the Lord.

"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

So after months of thinking myself a failure because I can't change my heart' I still can't give up that idol worship no matter how hard I try. I realize I've failed because I've been trying to do this on my own. I'm fighting a power, Satan, who is stronger than me. But I have an advocate who is stronger than any demon. He is the Creator of all. He can move the mountains. He can change my heart and remind me to turn from the idol, as long as I listen to Him. See, we still have that free will thing so WE still need to make the right decisions. But He'll be that voice that convicts you before you act. Will you listen to it?

And I pray...

"The Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the hearts of your descendants so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 30:6

Lord, please circumcise my heart and the hearts of my family. Remove the idol worship and habits to sin. Help us hear your voice and feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit. And give us the strength to make the right choices. Please keep Satan and his poisonous arrows from our hearts and minds. I long to love you with ALL of my heart and soul. Through your mighty Son, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment