Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good Morning, Part II

"God Stops" is a termed coined by Beth Moore for those moments that people may call a coincidence, but others see them as God using a moment to teach or direct us.

I had a God Stop the day after I wrote my "Good Morning" post. One of my daily meditation sources reinforced the importance of spending time each morning with God. She used the following verses in her essay:

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy & be glad all our days. Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble" Psalm 90:14-15

"Morning by morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; morning by morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3

"The sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He awakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen line one being taught." Isaiah 50:4


"I cry to you for help, O Lord; in the morning my prayer comes before you." Psalm 88:13

And as a witness to these verses, I resolve to take time each morning, whether it be 5 minutes or 30, to spend time with God. With God's strength, I can handle anything.

God Bless us all this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment