Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Keeping the Resolution Going


As I start losing my resolve to continue in my New Year endeavors, I try to remember to look to the Lord for strength. And when I do, I find the means to escape the temptation.


Dear Lord,

As I make my resolutions to better myself, I look to You for the stength to keep them. I know that You will not allow any temptation to come to me that is not common to man; and that You are faithful and will not allow me to be tempted beyond what I am able to overcome. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me to find the escape for each temptation that I know you leave for me, so that I can over come the temptation and be successful.

Through the Lord Jesus Christ, I pray to You. Amen

Based on 1 Corinthians 10:13...

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

2 comments:

  1. This is so inspirational! I can't wait to share this with my daughter-in-law. She will love it as much as I do. I am going to follow your blog so I don't miss a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you do this..I love your scriptures and I have been to some Beth Moore Bible Studies and I love them.. My sister teaches them at a Church I went to for a Long time..I hope you have a great evening...

    ReplyDelete