Sunday, March 8, 2009

Master or Father

I had a huge "A-Ha" moment this week during my Psalms bible study. It happened while comparing some of the "Kingdom" psalms to the use of "kingdom" by Jesus in the book of Matthew.

In the Psalms, God is King and we are His servants. We and everything else on Earth praise Him as He sits on His throne. He deserves our worship as He has performed awesome miracles for us.

In Matthew, the Kingdom is in Heaven where God is our Father. In this relationship, we are His children, not servants.

I like the imagery of God disciplining us as a parent directs their child. It's out of love and for their own good. God as a master punishing servants for their disobedience is much colder. If someone doesn't understand or has been introduced to God the Father as described in Matthew, they might have a harder time loving God with all their heart and soul.

God is our loving Father. He protects us, He guides us and His love is neverending. Reading the scripture, the words He inspired, brings you closer.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad He does! I often compare how He disciplines and how I do. He gives me sooooo many more chances till the punishment comes, than I give my children. And let me tell you, I am thankful!

    ReplyDelete